Sunday 12 February 2012

The Birth of The Alchemy garden...Embracing Indecision

I remember the time a few years ago when I was living in the Alpujarras in Southern Spain and had separated with my ex- partner. I thought that Spain would be my new home and I had said goodbye to France. I received an offer to sell The Alchemy Garden.
For several months my constant companion was 'Indecision'.
I just couldn't decide what to do...To sell...or to return to France alone and try and manage the property on my own along with all the repairs that needed doing with no income and an 8 acre property and land that needed a lot of maintenance.

It was as if there were two doors of possibility that were equally charged....To sell ..or not to sell ( and I very much needed the money )
For months I battled and fought with the monster INDECISION.
He or she woke each morning beside me in my bed and often kept me awake for hours at night.... Should I ...Shouldn't I...round and round the question rattled in my brain and head until I was so stressed out I just couldn't function.
It was the day that I embraced INDECISION and accepted fully my situation of not knowing and simply 'let go' to what was being presented to me that release came.
The next morning I awoke clear as a bell as to what I would do.
I would stay on in France and somehow make it work.
From then on everything started to fall into place as if I was flowing along a soft river of grace.
I heard about ' helpx ' and support started to arrived from every corner of the planet.
I had people staying from Lithuania to Japan, Ireland, Canada, Italy and many other countries. Each individual bringing their own unique contribution and learnings. From then on it has been an upward spiral of long hours and much wonderful work on the land and repairing and preparing the lodge and accommodation...building raised beds to grow wonderful organic vegetables...planting seeds and making magical pathways, rockeries, clearings in the woods and nature became my greatest teacher.
Waking in the spring to the sound of the cuckoo...working and endless weeding  and clearing became my greatest joy...later in the spring the nightingale started to serenade me through the night, the frogs croaked in the long grass...and then the butterflies started to appear.....
This was the start of The Alchemy Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment